Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fruition

On June 1st I wrote on my blog about the fragile condition of my garden. I wondered who would survive. It looked iffy for many. I took a “wait and see” approach and committed to loving my garden just the way it was. Well, June and July brought virtually no rain and record heat to the area. I watered and fed my plants; many struggled and some died. Then the rains arrived in August and every living creature breathed a sigh of relief. Now as we cool down and head into fall my garden is full of color and radiance. Miraculously it came to fruition and I love being in it. It seems especially sweet because I know that in a very short time the abundance of blossoms will be gone, taken by the frost and chilly mountain mornings.

As usual, I find a metaphor here for my life. When I pass through a difficult time and emerge firmly rooted and blossoming with the sense that “life is good,” I think I have made it, I’m home. Destination reached; wisdom attained; enlightenment at hand. But, surprise, death awaits and later rebirth with new challenges ahead. The good news is that when that time comes I will be more seasoned, more deeply aware of the power I have to survive and to thrive. All it takes is a little courage and lots of trust that I will bloom again, meeting whatever challenges lie ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment