Monday, January 9, 2012

Zumba!

With the New Year comes the inevitable looking forward and aspiring to change. We admit that somehow our current thinking or behavior is not serving us so we write resolutions and set goals for the future. My resolution is to exercise my heart; my plan is to start Zumba classes. Resolutions test my will to change and consequently can create a real effort in reaching my destination. So I want to be sure I don't limit myself to resolutions; I also want to set intentions.

Here's the distinction. Intentions require no projection into the future, therefore no goals and planning. What a relief! Intentions simply define what it is I want to access within myself, today, now. There is no effort to create a new behavior, only the effort of focus on my capacity to be exactly who I want to be. So here is my intention; it’s to BE “heart-healthy.” For me that means bringing awareness and attention to my already HUGE capacity for gratitude and generosity. I can access my healthy heart in any given moment in time and then freely express it into the world...I'll let that car into my lane of traffic, forgive that friend with whom I am angry, breath in the beauty of the new-fallen snow, give all the time in the world to hear what someone wants to share, smell the stew cooking on the stove. It is all effortless!

Now we’ll see how I do with Zumba….

No comments:

Post a Comment